Bolshakov V.O., Ermina A.A., Prigoda K.V. (temporarily not a lab member), Tolmachev V.A., Zharova Yu.A.
Field of study:
The group is focused on investigations into the optical properties and morphology of Silicon nanowires obtained by a metal-assisted chemical etching.
Research objectives :
The group is working on the following problems:
- clarification of an effect of pre-treatment of the Silicon wafer on the catalyst deposition, creation (by etching, diffusion or ion doping) of the nucleation centers for subsequent deposition of the metal;
- investigation into the interrelation between morphology of Si-based nanostructures and properties of the starting material, the patterning type of the deposited catalyst nanoparticles and the conditions for catalytic etching;
- study of the function of an oxidant and an etchant in process of catalytic etching;
- formation of the structures with the desired topology by a catalytic etching of Si;
- multi-angular polarization measurements of the fabricated Si nanostructures using spectral ellipsometry technique as well as extraction of the dielectric functions and layer parameters within the effective-medium models.
- Zharova Yu., Ermina A., Tolmachev V., Pavlov S., Koshtyal Yu. Physica Status Solidi (A) Applications and Materials Science. Vol. 216. No. 17. pp. 1-7. (2019).
- Zharova Y.A., Tolmachev V.A., Pavlov S.I., Ermina A.A. Silicon nanowires and their characterization in the process of metal-assisted chemical etching of c-Si using spectroscopic ellipsometry // Journal of Physics: Conference Series – 2019, Vol. 1400, No. 5, paper No. 055013.
|K.V. Prigodaemail@example.com (temporarily not a lab member)|